Are sunscreen products only for summer days? When summertime comes, everyone’s stocking with sunscreen lotions, cream, and sprays. However, sunscreen protection should always be done all the time, and not only depending on what the season is. These days, the rays of the sun are causing too much damage to our skin.
Our skin needs protection all the time. Sunscreen products are available anywhere and there’s no reason for you not to purchase one. Our skin is as important as our hair, our teeth, our eyes, and so on. However, this largest organ in the body is neglected most of the time. Let us make it a point to protect our skin like how we protect the other parts of our body. Just a simple UV cream for sun protection will do the job.
What Causes Sunburn?
When your skin is exposed to the sun for a long time, it turns red, irritated and gets burned. How fast your sunburn starts will actually depend on your skin type, the sun’s intensity and the length of time that your skin is exposed. For example, a blonde-haired woman will most likely get sunburned faster compared to women with a darker skin tone.
Tanned or Sunburned?
When you get sunburned, your skin will look and feel different. The skin turns red and feels sensitive to touch. There are times that the damage is too much where the burn can develop to swelling and blisters. You will feel feverish that may sometimes be accompanied by chills, nausea, headache, and weakness. After a few days, your skin will start peeling and you will feel itchy on the affected area. This is because of the body’s natural way of ridding itself of the sun-damaged cells.
Tops Reasons Why You Should Use Sunscreen.
As mentioned above, it is a must to wear sunscreen. Here are the reasons why:
- It protects your skin from the UV rays of the sun. We need the sun for our body to get its daily dose of Vitamin D. But too much exposure can cause skin disorders. Using sunscreen will block the harmful rays from causing too much damage.
- Prevents Premature Aging. Do you want to look like you’re 50 years old even if you’re still on your 30’s? No right? So start using sunscreen protection.
- Prevention is Better than Cure. Skin cancer is one of the most dreadful effects of too much sun exposure. By using sunblock, your skin will have a protection against skin cancer like melanoma.
- Say No to Sunburns! When our skin burns, it will swell, peel and itch. Without knowing it, you are already causing too much damage to your skin. Be responsible and shield your skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
- No need for Extra Cosmetics. Some sunscreens already come in a cream form. Like any other moisturizer, you can apply it and just leave it on. Your skin will look fresher, thus you will look younger without wearing too much makeup.
Sunscreens are your skin’s superheroes. It shields the skin from UV rays which may cause damage with too much exposure. This can be used by everyone of all ages, young and old, men or women, pregnant or not. We must always remember that it’s never too late to protect our skin. Prevention is always better than cure.